We planned our first cruise on Sunday 17th May, but we completely failed on the first Cruise in Company to sort out decent weather. You will recall snow, rain and blowing at least a Force 8 for our first cruise so nobody ventured further than the clubhouse. Well that was the excuse anyhow.
What we said before the event was: “If we can all be down for 11am, we will decide on a final plan. We have a high tide at 14.56 so we have some good options which could include heading up river towards the bridges and some of the little harbours up there, but very much depends on winds, or we go straight across towards Aberdour or Burnt Island, or we go around some of the Islands.
Too early to predict the weather for the weekend. We seem to be in a bit of a westerly series of lows and highs so pretty changeable from one day to another. We will keep an eye on it and plan accordingly. If it is a bit strong we can always reef!
New members, members with boats still ashore in pieces or in other parts of the world, or members who would like to just go out on other boats all welcome.
See you Sunday”