The Dutyman System is how the club manages volunteers for race duties and other on-water activities.
It displays the roster of events and duties, showing which have volunteers and which still require to be filled.
Members can volunteer for duties directly through the system. If having volunteered you become unable to do a particular duty, there is the option of arranging a swap via the system. What cannot be contemplated is just not turning up for an allocated duty.
Race Duty Roles
The following are the key roles which need to be filled for most races. Some of the roles require some experience, which can be provided by working as an assistant and/or short training sessions. Additional helpers are always welcome.
- Race Officer – the key official – requires experience/training
- Assistant Race Officer – suitable for beginners
- Royal Forth Driver – requires experience/training
- RIB Rescue/Safety Boat driver – requires experience/training
- Rescue/Safety Boat Assistant – suitable for beginners
Without these roles being filled (the number varies from event to event) there can be no effective racing and we suffer as a sailing club. Please make sure that you volunteer for a mixture of weekend and evening events over the coming season.