The sailing programme for 2017 was launched this week and the sailing instructions are now available on the website. We hope that the programme provides something for everyone and all it needs is your participation and some good weather! There are cruises in company, Tuesday dinghy training and both evening and weekend racing.
New for 2017:
- Practice races to encourage new racers and also to hone skills of existing crews in preparation for key events.
- The Thursday evening open sailing opportunity starts earlier at 1745 to allow potential crews to join yachts intending to race or join a crew for a cruise.
- There are 4 dinghy racing Fridays in the programme.
- The Friday white sail series racing round Wardie Bay includes both conventional starts and also sternchase starts.
- A new race mark ‘Kilo’ is being located in the SE corner of Wardie Bay to improve course options and breakwater race starts can be at H, W, Z or E.
- New triangular course options for Mid-Firth racing using the circle marks which are course options C and D to add to the existing windward/leeward options of A and B.
- Adjustments to rules and courses for Season’s Challenge 2017.
Printed copies of the sailing instructions in both A4 and A5 booklets are available to purchase in the clubhouse.
Laminated course charts for breakwater starts including the new course chart and a second sheet for all the Mid-Firth options are also available.
Cost of these is £1.50 for any single item or a set of all 4 for £5.
See you on the water.